Saturday, December 27, 2008

Is It Just Me?

Is it just me, or is this being out of work just become plum old? I realized that I hadn’t posted anything in my blog last night. I’ve been writing to an old friend and it made me realize that, those type of thoughts were more interesting. It may also have something to do with the fact that my brother asked if I could maybe write about something else. Hmm?

The thing is, I know most of us are bored with telling people we’re out of work and the type of position we are looking for (let’s be truthful here, don’t you just want to say “I’ll do anything” sometimes?), but that's where it is. I’ve been taking these couple of weeks off from job hunting. Have to admit that I cheated and applied for a couple of jobs. Just couldn’t seem to keep myself away from the siren call of all those emails from job boards. The hardest thing is to believe that there is that job out there waiting. But you know, we all need to go back to basics. Look this thing will turn around. It just has to. Companies still have growth goals. They are still are in business. Well most of them are. Sooner or later, hopefully sooner, they will start becoming aggressive again instead of stuck in fear and reactionary thinking. Then bam we’ll be the best thing since sliced bread again. Meanwhile, they are still hiring. We need to use all that competitive energy that made us good in our jobs and use it to land that perfect job we’re looking for.

Me, I’ve gone back to the gym. Back to basics, right? On top of that, I’m going to clear out a bunch of clutter this weekend, get organized, and then open the windows and air out the place tomorrow. It’s supposed to be in the 60’s where I am. But the thought is to get the positive energy flowing again. It is so important. Time to start refocusing on the job you want, not the jobs you don’t want. It is important initially to go through the jobs you don’t want so you can focus on the ones you really want. For me, it’s beyond time to do that. So folks, that’s my game plan for this week. I plan to bring in the New Year full of energy and hope that 2009 will bring back some normalcy. I am just to bored with myself to do otherwise.

Happy New Year Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment